I have spent much of the last month responding to customer service issues and reading online reviews of BabyPlus. From what I have read I have compiled a list of the top three issues that are brought to us and the easy solutions.
#1 System just stops working after several weeks.
When the batteries are no longer strong enough to power BabyPlus a few things may happen.
- It will stop working altogether. It is not broken, just drained.
- The sound will distort as most battery operated talking devices.
- The screen will flash b01.
*Not all of these things need to happen, if any one happens- I suggest you replace the batteries.
#2 New batteries in, but no sound.
The BabyPlus System goes through batteries every few weeks. (We are aware of this issue and are addressing it in the redesign.) The frequent changing of batteries sometime bends the battery contacts back to the point they are no longer making sufficient contact with the batteries to draw voltage. The simple solution is to check the contacts and gently bend then slightly out into the battery compartment once again. Once the batteries fit tightly to the contacts again the problem is likely solved.
#3 Stored with batteries and it corroded.
- First of all check the batteries. DO NOT THROW THEM AWAY! The top battery manufacturers guarantee their batteries and will replace items destroyed by corrosion. Here is the link where the contact information has been collected. http://blog.babyplus.com/batteries-corrode/
- You can try to clean the unit to see if it is repairable. If there is only slight corrosion this might be worth it. You will need cotton swabs, rubbing alcohol and a toothbrush. Start by gently brushing off the corrosion, then dip the swab in rubbing alcohol and rub the contacts clean. DO NOT SATURATE the system! Once the rubbing alcohol dries/evaporates, brush away remaining residue with toothbrush again. Now try with new batteries.
- If none of these suggestions work, contact us for a “previous user” code.
Sometimes things just break or don’t work and we understand that. If you have tried these suggestions and your system still does not work, please contact us at email@example.com.
*We will need your order receipt and purchase date to expedite an exchange during the warranty period.
**BabyPlus does not have a repair department.
The post 3 Common Customer Service Issues with Solutions You Can Try appeared first on blog.babyplus.com.