We recently had a pair of adorable fraternal twins born near and dear to the BabyPlus family. They are not my babies, but it sparked an interest about the uniqueness of twins. So I dd a little research and compiled some things that I found interesting about twin pregnancies. There is a little more to it than double the pleasure, double the fun.
- during twin pregnancies you should take in approximately 2700 calories a day
- you may be prescribed additional vitamins and minerals from an average pregnancy
- twins may have a longer labor, but they are usually born minutes apart
- 1/3 of twins are identical, 1/3 are same sex fraternal and 1/3 are male/female fraternal
- you will probably have additional ultrasounds
- 22% of twins are left handed
- more than 1/2 of twins are born before 37 weeks
- of identical twins 1/2 are female/female and 1/2 are male/male
Interesting Facts compliments of:
Parents.com- Twin Pregnancy Facts by American Baby
Fit Pregnency, Pregnancy Day by Day editor in chief Maggie Blott, MB, BS and consultant editor Paula Amato MD
Twins UK- TwinsTips
The post Twinsight- Interesting Facts About Twin Pregnancies appeared first on blog.babyplus.com.